All debates follow the traditional JSA debate format, unless otherwise noted. Subsequent speakers will be chosen from the audience by the moderator at the beginning of Step 3.
The debate will proceed as follows:
1. Affirmative Main Speaker Opening- 6 minutes
2. Negative Main Speaker Opening- 6 minutes
3. Affirmative Subsequent Speaker- 3 minutes
4. Negative Subsequent Speaker- 3 minutes
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 two more times, or until time allows.
6. Negative Main Speaker Closing- 3 minutes
7. Affirmative Main Speaker Closing- 3 minutes
In this format, participants will be in a comfortable environment in which they will share their views, opinions, and thoughts on the issue at hand. The moderator shall call on participants to give their viewpoints. All are allowed to give their opinion in this thought-provoking discussion.